May 29, 2015

My Nepal Diary - V - One week before

 My Nepal Diary - V

One week before
Bhaktapur and Patan

-->Normally I visit these places after the Trek - I am not sure what made me visit before the trek-- should I consider myself lucky again? My dream of staying in Bhaktapur working in that paper factory, having that buff momo’s and....list continues….
When we visited the town The Gods (Of all the Bhaktapur temples) where out in the street painting the town red.... "just a week back" blessed each house and street and gali and people ---- still the worst affected place. I hope people start thinking and come out of blind beliefs and fear. 

Many are happy nothing has happened to few main temple shrines or the gods so will they be considered the most powerful?– but my argument is what is the use if the bhakts are not there– what will gods do alone sitting there and waiting for what kind of bhakti

Anyways I went to Bhaktapur and Patan this time to collect some images for my only planet. So this time I went around finding places which where less visited. 














The most remarkable feature of the town of Patan is its four Ashoka Stupas that are testimony to an ancient architectural tradition. The historians have agreed that these Stupas might have been erected in connection with the foundation of Patan towards the end of the 4th century AD. Few say Askokas daughter Charumati constructed it, and some say Ashoka visited this place with his daughter Charumati and build these Stupas.


LAGAN THURA - SOUTHERN STUPA





TETA THURA - EASTERN STUPA



PUCHO THURA - WESTERN STUPA


IBAHI THURA - NORTHERN STUPA





No comments:

Post a Comment