May 26, 2015

My Nepal Diary

My Nepal Diary - I
2015

Before I narrate  A story - I would like to start My Nepal Diary by posting some nice, beautiful and positive photographs.

These images I have taken on the route of Lo-Manthang, upper Mustang, Nepal

Mustang - The Forbidden Kingdom
one of the last Shangri-la’s in the Himalaya. A lost kingdom bordering Tibet which has a regulated entry of not more than three thousand visitors per year. 

Sculpted canyons and fantastic rock formations, medieval villages, ruined fortresses, royal palaces, unexplored Neolithic cave complexes, Tibetan Buddhist gompas and snow-peaks characterize this spectacular region, a thumb sticking up into the Tibetan plateau. Upper Mustang and its walled capital, Lo Manthang, is a remote and starkly beautiful region, home to Buddhism as well as the remnants of the older, mystical Bon religion.
http://www.southcol.com/


My walk is from Jomsom to Lo-Manthang

 These images are not in chronology -- they are just a good feel pic


 Pony riders traveling to Lo by following The Kali Gandaki river. 

    Ruins of Gelling




 Kagbeni Monastery

 New traffic



    Lo kings horses


   on The Kali Gandaki river.





No comments:

Post a Comment